Asian Ginger Crab-Stuffed Shrimp
Marvelously unique first course, or serve as an accompaniment to a grilled steak.
Serves 5 / Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 8 mins
- 8 ounces wild caught fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup Cookwell & Co. Asian Ginger Vinaigrette, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons Asian spice seasoning blend
- 10 large (16-20 count) fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied until flat
- Dry white wine, such as chardonnay
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all ingredients except shrimp and white wine in a bowl and blend well.
Arrange the shrimp in a baking dish, butterflied side up, and press a portion of the crab mixture on top of each shrimp. Splash a bit of the wine over the shrimp and bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through and crab stuffing is golden brown.
Remove from oven and drizzle a little more of the Asian Ginger Vinaigrette over the shrimp. Serve hot.