Beefy Chili & Sour Cream Dip
Made to order finger food for watching the big game!
Serves 6-8 / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Chili Mix
- 1 pound ground chuck or round
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, including green tops
- Corn tortilla chips for serving
Prepare the Two-Step Chile Mix with ground beef according to directions on jar. Set aside 1-1/2 cups to stay hot for the recipe. Refrigerate or freeze remaining chili for another meal. (1 jar makes about 6 cups of cooked chili.)
In a bowl combine the sour cream, cilantro, and salt; whisk to blend well. Spread the sour cream mixture onto a serving plate, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Spoon the reserved chili over the sour cream, leaving a 1-inch border of sour cream at the edge. Top with shredded cheese and green onions; serve immediately with corn tortilla chips.