Baked Potato & Green Chile Stew
Serves 6-8 / Prep Time: 10 mins. / Cook Time: 15 mins.
- 6 applewood smoked bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, including green tops
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack Cheese
Cook the diced bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels and set aside.
In a 4-quart pot over medium-high heat, combine the Texas Two-Step Green Chile Mix, mashed potatoes, granulated garlic, and chicken broth. Stir to blend well and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Ladle the stew into shallow soup plates and top with a generous dollop of sour cream, some of the green onions, reserved bacon, and Colby-Jack cheese. Serve hot.
Note: If you’d to make this stew even heartier, stir in some shredded meat from a rotisserie chicken along with the Texas Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix.