Beef Fajita and Green Chile Casserole
Serves 6 / Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 cups frozen cooked beef fajitas, thawed
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 flour tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup each sour cream and fresh pico de gallo, mild or hot
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray; set aside.
Combine the fajitas, Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix, and beans in a large bowl, stirring to blend.
Spread half of the tortilla pieces in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the fajita mixture and half of the shredded cheese. Repeat the layering, ending with the remaining cheese.
Cover dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve hot, topping each serving with a dollop of sour cream and desired portion of the pico de gallo. Dig in!