Chicken and Green Chile Casserole
Serves 4-6 / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into strips 1/2-inch wide x 2-3-inches long
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 11-ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces)shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Pico de gallo and sour cream as garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray; set aside.
Combine chicken, tortilla strips, black beans, corn, and Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix in a large bowl. Stir to blend well and turn out into prepared baking dish, spreading evenly.
Scatter the cheese over the top and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven, remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
Serve hot, topping each portion with a dollop of sour cream and some pico de gallo.