Chicken Tomatillo Carnitas Wraps
Serves 4-6 / Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Anaheim chilies, seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Warm Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes; set aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook quickly to brown and sear, stirring often, about 7 minutes. Add the chiles, garlic, and Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix, stirring to blend well and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in the cilantro. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced to a glaze, about 10-15 minutes.
Serve with flour tortillas, having guests spoon a portion of the carnitas mixture onto the tortillas, top with a dollop of sour cream, and roll up. Enjoy!