Creamy Green Chile & Turkey Stew
Serves 4-6 / Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn-on-the-cob, shucked (silk and husks removed), kernels scraped from the cob
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup whipping cream
Heat the olive oil in a 6-quart soup pot over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the ground turkey. Cook, using the back of a spoon to break up large clumps of meat, until turkey is cooked through and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in the Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock, stirring to blend well.
Bring the stew to a boil and stir in the corn, beans and cheese. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. Stir frequently.
Stir in the whipping cream and heat to cook through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.