Ray’s Green Chile and Chicken Pasta
Yummy dish for the pasta lovers – made with flavorful and economical chicken thighs.
Serves 8 / Prep Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pound mini penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Crumbled cotija cheese
Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain well. Toss with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together; set aside to keep hot.
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season the chicken pieces with granulated garlic and ancho chili powder. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook to brown lightly, about 7 minutes.
Add the Texas Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix, black beans, corn, and whipping cream, stirring to blend well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened slightly.
To serve, place a portion of the pasta in individual pasta bowls, or on plates, and top with some if the sauce. Crumble cotija cheese over each serving and serve hot.