Zucchini & Green Chile Stew
Enjoy the great Southwestern flavor of this hearty stew.
Serves 4-6 / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 60 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon Southwestern seasoning mix
- 2 cups diced, peeled eggplant
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
Heat the olive oil in a 6-quart soup pot over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the stew meat and Southwestern seasoning blend. Cook, stirring often, until meat is well browned, about 10 minutes. Add the vegetables and stir until zucchini is wilted, about 5 minutes.
Pour in Texas Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix and chicken broth. Stir to blend well, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Serve hot.