Avocado-Citrus Chicken Salad
Perfect as a luncheon or light dinner entree.
Serves 4-6 / Prep Time: 30 mins / Cook Time: 0 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Cookwell & Co. Fin & Feather Citrus Marinade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose rub for chicken
- 3 cups cooked & diced chicken, chilled
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup each finely diced green onion, and red bell pepper
- Green leaf lettuce leaves
Combine the mayonnaise, Fin & Feather Citrus Marinade, and rub in a large bowl and whisk to blend well. Add the chicken, avocado, green onion and red bell pepper. Stir to combine thoroughly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
To serve as a salad, place a bed of lettuce leaves on individual serving plates and top with a portion of the chicken salad. To make a sandwich, place lettuce leaves on bread, top with chicken salad and add a second slice of bread. Slice sandwiches in half and serve.