Mediterranean-Style Chicken & Olive Pasta Salad
Picnic food to the max, or a light supper for a summer evening.
Serves 6-8 / Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 8-ounce boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/3 cup Cookwell & Co. Italian Herb & Olive Oil Marinade
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 pound farfalle or penne rigate pasta, cooked al dente
- 3/4 cup Cookwell & Co. Olive & Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped Calamata olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts all over with Italian seasoning blend. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until breasts are lightly browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. When chicken breasts are cool, cut them into thin slices and combine with the chopped tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl. Drizzle with the Italian Herb & Olive Oil Marinade; toss to blend well and coat all ingredients. Set aside.
Place a colander in the sink and dump the bag of spinach into it. Drain the pasta over the spinach into the colander. Shake well to remove water, then return the pasta and spinach to cooking pot. Add the Olive & Lemon Vinaigrette and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Pour the pasta and spinach into the chicken mixture. Add the olives and Romano cheese, toss to blend well.
Serve at once, or refrigerate and serve chilled.