Bacon Jam Smash Burgers
Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook time: 10 mins/ Serves 4
The technique of smashing your burger meat on a hot grill is so simple but makes an incredible difference in both taste and texture. The smashing creates a browned and crispy crust on the outside - then you flip the meat onto some sizzling red onions, and the two basically melt together, creating caramelized deliciousness. Slathering on some Bacon Jam really takes this culinary experience to the next level - the savory sweetness is oh-so-satisfying. These Bacon Jam Smash Burgers come together so quickly too, making for a perfect weeknight dinner. You can also make them into sliders for more of an appetizer situation that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Brioche or hamburger buns
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Better Than Good Bacon Jam
- While the griddle is heating up, divide the beef into 3oz balls - essentially a meatball.
- Drop the meat onto griddle and SMASH! Best practice is to put a piece of parchment paper under your spatula so the meat doesn't stick. Sprinkle the patty with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with other patties, whether you want to make it a double or are cooking several burgers.
- Drizzle olive oil onto a clear spot on the griddle and add the red onions.
- Cook onions for 3-4 minutes until soft, then flip the patty on top of them.
- If using cheese, place slice on top of the patty.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of butter to the griddle and place buns on top. Toast 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Remove everything from the grill and assemble your burger. And make sure you don't forget a heaping spoonful of Bacon Jam to top off your patty!