Green Chile, Chicken & Corn Chowder
A hearty, stick-to-your-ribs chowder to warm you up on a cold winter day.
Serves 6-8 / Prep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns, or diced potatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chickens breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon Southwestern-style seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Hot or mild pico de gallo as garnish
Combine the Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix and chicken broth in a 6-quart soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the frozen potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
While chowder base is cooking, season the chicken cubes with the Southwestern seasoning. Heat the vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook until well browned, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add the seared chicken pieces and corn to the chowder base and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the whipping cream and cook just to heat through. Serve hot, garnishing each serving with a spoon of pico de gallo.