Green Chile Pozole Soup
Great one-dish soup meal that you can throw together in no time at all and let it simmer while you unwind.
Serves 8 / Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds) pork tenderloin, trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix
- 1 quart chicken broth,or more as needed
- 1 15-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes and their juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can white hominy, drained and rinsed
- Garnishes:1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and sliced; chopped cilantro; shredded Colby-Jack cheese; and thin-sliced green onions
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the meat cubes and cook to sear them until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Toss in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown. Add all remaining ingredients, except garnishes, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan.
Bring the soup to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the pork is tender. If the soup is thicker than you’d like, add additional chicken broth until it reaches the consistency you’d like. Cook just to heat the additional broth.
Serve hot in shallow soup plates. Garnish as desired.