Tilapia Tomatillo Fresco
A quick cooking main dish that’s not only delicious but healthy too!
Serves 4 / Prep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds fresh tilapia fillets*
- 2 tablespoons Southwestern-style seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Mexican Queso Fresco cheese
- Avocado Wedges and coarsely crushed corn tortilla chips as garnish
Season both sides of the fish fillets with the Southwestern seasoning. Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the fish and sauté for 2 minutes per side.
Pour the Two-Step Green Chili Stew Mix over the fish and scatter the queso fresco over the top. Cover pan, reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes, or just until cheese begins to melt.
Serve at once, garnishing each serving with avocado wedges and a toss of the crushed tortilla chips.
*You can also substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the fish fillets. Cook chicken thoroughly before adding stew mix.