Touchdown Shrimp with Green Chile
Simple as a kickoff, this gem from the Gulf will score big with your friends and family.
Serves 4-6 / Prep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Southwestern-style seasoning blend
- 2 pounds peeled & deveined large (16-20 count)shrimp
- 1-1/2 cups Cookwell & Co. Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepared mango pico de gallo as garnish
Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch, deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp well with the Southwestern seasoning. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring often, just until shrimp are seared. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Stir the Texas Two-Step Green Chile Stew Mix, red pepper flakes, and whipping cream into the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is heated through and reduced slightly, about 10 minutes. Return shrimp to pan and cook just to heat through.
To serve, spoon the shrimp and sauce into shallow soup plates and garnish with mango pico de gallo. Serve hot.